Saturday, August 18, 2012

keep calm & pray...

... God's got this.

I completely realize that I've been super bad about posting lately... and I'm sorry! 
It's not that I haven't wanted to, but I can't. 
Okay, that doesn't make sense. 
REALLY HANNAH!! 
Wow.. Let me just start over... 
I have sat down and written out so many blog posts over the past couple of weeks because honestly, I've had a ton on my mind! But by the time I'm finished... I just save it in drafts and never publish it. So give me a minute here... cause I'm just gonna start rambling. It may make a little bit of sense... but definitely maybe not. Hey, 50/50 right? Also, it is most definitely past midnight. 
In other words... you get my raw thoughts. Yeeeaaah, not sure if that's good or bad... it just is. ;) 

I think with the pressures of life, family, work, relationships... when we have any sort of difficulty, it's so easy for us to go and talk, or, if you're me, complain, to everyone about it... and forget to go to the only one who can really give us peace, comfort and ultimately, the answers. Yeah, totally guilty of this. You've probably seen the 'have you prayed about it more than you've talked about it?' pin. Haha, that totally gets me every time... because if I'm being completely honest, the answer is usually no! No I haven't spent near as much time in prayer about it as I have talking and trying to make sense of it. I don't know about you, but for me... it's like, if I do everything I can to make sure I don't have much time to just, well, be still... then it's almost like it's not there. Um yeah, it's my version of running away. What can I say, I'm weak. But I'm not really just running from whatever is bothering me... I'm running from Jesus. And man, that's exactly when we need to run as hard & fast to Him as we can! Even when we don't think we can. Especially then. 

So that didn't exactly turn out how I had planned... but I guess the point of it was this; all those posts I never published, I didn't need to. Looking back, most of them were probably just me whining anyway.
Nah, you're not getting rid of me that easy. I'm still going to post my random thoughts on here from time to time, but if my posting is weird and sporadic sometimes it's because I'm working on some things in my own life. One of them being spending way more time in prayer, and really, just with God. 
Being still. 
Waiting on Him. 
Talking to Him. 
But most importantly... listening to Him.  
I'm a firm believer that if we put God first, above everything else, all other things fall into place.
And when I do ramble on about life, I always, always want you to see more of Him than you do me. 

Okay, please tell me that made a little bit of sense? 

In the mean time... we went to a friend's house for a cookout today, so my Saturday was just spent having fun with all these cool people. 
A friend took these pictures, which isn't many... but it's something. :)




Sooo... I'm not a huge fan of cats, but this one was orange and adorable. His name was Jimmy. So any argument is completely invalid... just this once. 

Right, so we played soccer. Which, believe it or not, was a first for me. 
And right off the bat, I was a goalie. Just laugh now. If you asked me how that went, I would give you one word- HORRIFICALLY. I did manage to block two balls... but uh, yeah. Not seeing a future in that. It was fun anyway.


That moment when you're trying to see if your camera is on the right setting and take awkward pictures of your friends... yes. 


Cutest little pony ever.







They alll jumped in the pool fully clothed. And it's a ton of fun taking soaking wet children home... in case you were wondering. 


This picture is just cute... you're not really supposed to think about the 'why' of this little girl chewing on a balloon. It's probably better that way... lol




By the way... check out this post.

Seriously the best thing I've read in a long time. 

Thoughts? 

2 comments:

  1. The last comments had too many typos, lol...
    Enjoyed the pictures muchly as always! :) These verses from Psalm 91 came to mind... I know God will do this for you as you walk through life following Him...What incredible promises! Really, just a few of the thousands in His Word!!

    "Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation!"

    With much love and prayers!...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looove those verses. Definitely amazing promises... thanks for the reminder. :) And everything really. We definitely need to catch up one of these days. It's been forever! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, leave me a comment! They make me happy. :)

God bless...

-Hannah