Friday, April 6, 2012

Amazing love... how can it be?

So with today being Good Friday and all, the day on which we commemorate the crucifixion of Jesus, I've been reminded of... well, just that. Him dying on the cross. For us. For our sins. For me. For my sins. 

And it's just mind blowing... and amazing... and humbling... and never ceases to leave me awestruck.


 I mean, think about. Really think about it. 
He died or all of my imperfections. 
For all the times that we have spit in His face. and done the exact opposite of what He was telling us to do. 
For being angry at Him when things aren't going our way, or we're going through some trial. Yet while we were sinners... Christ still died for us.  


 There's a quote I love that goes like this...
 "You are loved more than you will ever know, by someone who died to know you" 

He literally paid the ultimate price for us. 

Because He loves us that much.

Now... that certainly doesn't mean we get off scotch free. To be a committed follower of Christ.. we have to make sacrifices too. And sometimes that means giving up something that means a lot to you. And it'll hurt.. a lot. I know. But really, what is even that in comparison? 


So let's just be honest here... we struggle with loving someone when they're being unreasonable and not doing things the way we want them done, now picture that person... and SUPER magnify those things (even THAT is a lousy comparison), then picture yourself DYING for them. Um yeah... I don't think I could do that. Okay, I know I couldn't do that. That is such a crazy selfless kind of love! I can't really even wrap my mind around it. 



So today... just think about this AMAZING love and take a minute to thank God for it. (: 

And how cool is it... that He is not dead, but risen and alive! 
I was listening to a sermon by Chuck Swindoll today, and he said something that was just... wow. Something that I've never thought of.
He said (and I don't remember it word for word so I'm paraphrasing) but basically, "if Jesus were still dead there would be absolutely no point to Christianity. No point in praying, no point in any off it. But because He has risen, we have new life" I'm gonna have to go back and see if I can find exactly what he said... but still, good point. 

   Hoping you all have an amazing Easter weekend!!


~H


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, leave me a comment! They make me happy. :)

God bless...

-Hannah