Saturday, September 1, 2012

Dear August,

Truth is, I'm not sorry to see you go and I won't even miss you. This was your 4th chance at being cool and you epicly failed. What's up with that? It's getting a little old and almost expected. Okay, so yeah, you did have some great moments, but overall, this just isn't working. Really hoping you can step it up a few notches for next year. No pressure, but please? September, so glad you're here. Can't wait to see what crazy things God has in store for us. :) And August, I still love you... just not a lot. 

Love, Hans.

Normally I'll be the first to say that life is what you make it... but then sometimes, things happen, and yeah, you have no control over it. But I'll still go on record to say... life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it. Best thing to do? Keep calm & pray. It never ceases to amaze me how just spending time with the Lord can completely change your outlook on things and give you peace.
Alright, so you know that quote by Ernest Hemingway, "all you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence that you know." That one? Well I've been thinking about that a lot, and here's mine....


God is good ALL the time.

I could think of a lot more profound statements... but almost not. 

God is good, right? Sounds totally not deep at first glance, but if you think about it, it says so much. God is good. There is no bad in Him! Like it's not even possible. So obviously... whatever He does to us, for us, through us, is ultimately going to be good. Haha yes, probably painful too, the not cool part, but ultimately, for our good. Are you following me here or am I the only one who sees it that way? Okay, I'll try and put this together so it makes sense. The way I see it... no matter WHAT, God is for us. And no matter what, He's going to give us His very best. Because He's a good God. In all honesty, I totally believe we're stupid and can get in the way of that plan sometimes, but even then, He still always works things out for our good, if we love Him. There's the catch. IF. We have a responsibility in all of this too. But really, how hard is it to love someone so completely amazing? It's not! People like to complicate things, but really, it's not. Yeah, like any kind of relationship it's going to require sacrifices, and selflessness, and honestly, work. But just loving Him? Once you start, I can't imagine ever not. Sorry, totally went off on a rabbit trail there. Earth to Hannah. 
So back to my point... I guess what I'm saying, it doesn't matter what's going on in your life, somehow, someway, 
God. is. going. to. work. it. all. out. for. your. good. 
It may not be what you want, but if not, it's only because He has some greater plan that we can't see. And then sometimes... He gives you what you prayed for, and so much more. But He had a few lessons to teach us before we were ready for it. I don't believe God ever tells us 'no'. He Has three options. Yes, not right now, or I have something better in mind. Just be patient. Kind of a cool thought, huh? 
We just need to have faith. Always! We don't need to understand everything to walk by faith. After all, isn't that kind of part of having faith anyway? 


Here's the thing, and I'll end with this... God's the only One who knows how it all turns out. And for those who belong to Him... it turns out well. 

So keep calm... and love Jesus more. 
He's got it all under control.

:)







 (random picture from today :) 

This post actually started out as a note to self kinda thing... but then I thought 'hey, why not publish your thoughts to the world, Hannah?' Haha, so yes, this whole thing is pretty much a giant note to self. I so haven't mastered those things very well yet. :)

*don't you just love these posts where I jump from subject to subject every 20 seconds? Seriously, if I were an animal... I would so be a squirrel. which is just weird, but umm.... 

sweet dreams to you all... 

2 comments:

  1. 4 years in a row?! Man...I hope next year's is amazing. I love the three ways God answers prayer. It's just beyond words great to know that we can trust Him in everything and that He really is doing what is best! Through it all...

    And there's nothing wierd about jumping subjects constantly! One last thing...I really like that picture of you two! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, you & me both! For sure though. :)

    And thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, leave me a comment! They make me happy. :)

God bless...

-Hannah